masonk

driver crashing

Discussion created by masonk on Jan 29, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 by darkprinceev

system:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390

Operating System: Windows 7 x64bit

Driver version: Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12

Display Device(s): Acer, USB, "Default refresh rate", Resolution @ 1920x1080 (recommended)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 990FXA-UD3 (CPU 1) Reversion 4.0

CPU/APU: AMD FX8320E AM3+ 8-core Vishera 32nm Technology 3.2Ghz-4.0Ghz Auto-Overclock (Unlocked)

Power Supply Unit Wattage: 750W

RAM :16GB+ Physical, 3GB+ Virtual

Issue:

well i recently pulled out my HD7870 and upgraded to a R9 390. i already uninstalled ALL previous AMD drivers with the AMD all driver remover. then installed the drivers: catalyst, and Crimson 16.1. So then i get into playing. i play games such as Fallout 4, Armored Warfare, and the such. BUT during certain intervals in these games, such as explosions, high decals, heavy/medium shader, heavy shadows, and/or dynamic lighting. the screen will start to flicker to black, then the device manager gives the tone that a device has been lost, then its been found and the screen comes back on. This GPU is far able to handle these games. I DO NOT RECEIVE A MESSAGE SAYING THE DEVICE HAS CRASHED.

using the AMD all driver remover. i dont have any previous drivers on the system other then the Catalyst set (what came with it) and the new Crimson driver that i had to reinstall.

Then i thought it was just a driver error. so i uninstalled the 16.1 then installed the last driver, the 15.12 Crimson. But that didnt work nether.

So i tried messing with my resolutions, it turns out that wile on Armored Warfare. the game will not crash the Drivers as often the lower the graphics i put it on. I recently bought a 290x but had the same problem. so i thought it was just the card and sent it back. Then bought the 390 which is posing the same problem.

I have already upgraded all my drivers and updated the chipsets but still encounter the drivers crashing.

Outcomes