0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2016 12:15 AM by rx_78_2

GTX-66Z Titanium Red

rx_78_2

Description

After a few months of exhausting research, I have built a gaming pc that is still capable of running games at 1080p/60fps at high settings. It was a huge upgrade from a laptop comprised of an Intel i3-4000m with an Intel HD 4600 iGPU. Trying to run games like Bioshock Infinite, ME: Shadow of Mordor, and GTA V was a pain.

Originally named the R9-29Z Blackbird, the name would have to change as the 290 went out of stock in Canada. The AMD R9 290 as it was truly my dream card. I loved the sound the reference cooler made as it reminded me of my favorite plane, the SR-71 Blackbird. While I could have bought a 380(x), I could not pass up a great deal I got with a 660 ti and decided to wait for polaris.

CPU: I went with Intel on this build as, objectively, it's a stronger processor at the moment. I also got a pretty good deal on Skylake parts which is why I have this processor.

Motherboard: Everything I need is on this board. Nothing more, nothing less.

RAM: I like this ram. It was cheap and does what it needs to do.

GPU: An unexpected acquisition, it performs very well for an older model. Averaging at around 60 fps at maximum settings for Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider, it performs as expected. Did I mention it's a reference cooler? It sounds great!

PSU: Non-modular but I make use of almost all the cables so it doesn't make too much of a difference. Cables are quite literally the perfect length for my build so it makes me love it even more.

Case: I absolutely fell in love with this case when I first saw it. It had a simplistic yet edgy design that matches the description of the SR-71 Blackbird. It's a full metal case with red outlines, I couldn't ask for a more perfect case. Cable management was very easy for me as well. The back panel slides on smoothly without any extra force. My only gripe with the case is that the front I\O is directly wired to the "detachable" front panel. Oh well, it still looks great!

Monitor: I basically stole this monitor as it was 70% off. It's a pretty damn good monitor, gives me quick, one button option to change monitor presets. I can change it from Game Mode to Theater Mode instantly. I have this monitor overclocked to 74 Hz as well!

[I really want to build another PC!! Building this one was way too much fun!]

20160129_132103.jpg

Specifications

CPUIntel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
      CoolerIntel Stock Cooler
      MotherboardGigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
      MemoryKingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
      GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card
      Disc Drive 1
      Disc Drive 2
      Disc Drive 3{drive3}
      PSUEVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
      CaseInwin 703 BLACK ATX Mid Tower Case