AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD display driver problem

Question asked by somnium on Jan 29, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2016 by tomtalk24

Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L850-1j9 (PSKG8E-02D00KCE) working with i7-3630QM and a AMD Radeon HD 7670M.

The problem is, I'm not able to install the Display Driver from AMD. When I try to install the software and drivers this problem appears: https://youtu.be/AOiPq8WVz_M

The first time this happen I was using Win 10. I did the update to win 10 one month ago and everything was ok until 4 days ago. I was working with my laptop with a external screen connected by HDMI and suddenly the screen started flashing with some green lines and a black backgroud (something as you can see in the video).

I saw in the internet that some people had problems doing the update to win10 so I installed again windows 8 to see if was something related with win10 but the problem persists.

I tried install the GPU from the intel CPU, a Intel 4000HD graphic card, but is not possible use it as a main GPU. I got this problem: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"
Now I just can use my laptop with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"

I need help please to understand what can I do to fix this problem. I took a look through internet and until now I did find any solution that could fix my problem.

Thanks for your help.

Outcomes