1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 5:33 AM by amdmatt

I cannot turn off ULPS or use Crossfire without profiles with 16.1

veritas7785

What is up with 16.1? I cannot turn off ULPS or use Crossfire without profiles with 16.1 in Afterburner, even the fix in the registry does nothing. So my second card is useless! And no Crossfire in games without a profile? Is AMD kicking Crossfire (me) to the curb? Even when I do use a profile, it still doesn't work, likely because ULPS isn't turning off. I have two identical reference design 290s and the trouble I've had with Crossfire is a nightmare.

At least Crimson 15.12 still works. Going to revert now back to 15.12 (after extensive testing) Unless there is something I'm missing, fix it AMD!

UPDATE: So I figured it out. ULPS is tied to the 'Enable Crossfire for Direct x 9/10/11...' setting in 15.12. The setting that ISN'T there in 16.1. When I enable that setting, I have no issue with Afterburner, Crossfire works fine, and ULPS is turned off which gpu-z confirms. All of this without fixing the registry (after uninstalling with DDU and reinstalling) I think I have to fix the registry if I do not use Crimson. But with 16.1, even using Crimson and/or fixing the registry does not turn off ULPS and will not let me use Crossfire, even with a profile.