2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2016 5:55 AM by scorpionx

My not so new PC The Veteran 002

donta1979

Been on this PC awhile now, I was a big time NVIDIA fan until they removed the workstation backbone from their cards after the 400 series, waited it out and got a GTX Titan Signature for cheap, then when it started to struggle in modern games, was time for an upgrade. The TitanX was going to be my next card, but doing lots of reading I found out many of the workstation features had been stripped from the card, with me sitting there going huh, why pay more for less? I did more reading finding out that the Fury X was outperforming the GTX TitanX in Maya my preferred and home used software package. I asked nvidia publicly tell me why I should buy a GTX TitanX as a consumer the Titans were originally aimed at. With stripped workstation features on the TitanX, an old Titan is out performing it in Maya, and a 620-650 dollar competitor option was out performing both. Why charge more for less and why should I buy a TitanX. Well their response to my question was not even to answer it, they just straight out deleted my question so taking that as a middle finger I took my business elsewhere.

Nothing special

Core I7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler

XFX AMD R9 Fury X

32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600

G1.Sniper Z5S LGA 1150 Intel Z87

2x WD Vraptors 600gb

WD Red 3TB Drive

WD Black 1TB Drive

BitFenix Recon fan controller

BitFenix Spectre 120mm Orange-LED Fans

Seasonic X750 Gold PSU

Wacom Intuos3 6 x 8-Inch

Razer BlackShark Expert 2.0 Headset

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth Edition Black Wired Elite keyboard

SteelSeries Rival 300 mouse

Corsair C70 Vengeance Case Military Green

Samsung B750 Series S27B750V 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor

4b23194b5cf3.jpg

438372f60da5.jpg

EVGA 750w Nex psu died just the last pics I took.