cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

lviolette
Journeyman III

I'm unable to convert an existing DDS file to a BC6H DDS file using ATICompressCLI

I have the AMDCompress_2.0.2204.msi suite.

Once downloaded, I copied the AMDCompress\CLI folder to another location out of Program Files so I could run the example batch script.

Once I verified it would run successfully, I added to the end of example.bat, a command to load an uncompressed MIP Mapped DDS file and convert it to a BC6H file.

REM Example  3d: uncompressed MIP Mapped DDS to compressed DDS (BC6H)
AMDCompressCLI -fd BC6H .\results\2b_boat.dds  .\results\3b_boat.dds

The resulting file is a 128 byte DDS file that appears to be invalid (only contains the header).
Is this a supported scenario using AMDCompressCLI?

ALSO....

The most recent version of this library was released in May of 2015. We're moving to VS 2015, it'd be great if an update to this library was released for VS 2015.

Leo Violette

leo.violette@lith.com

Monolith.

0 Likes
1 Reply
lviolette
Journeyman III

Okay, I got a response privately from a support person that I'd like to include here.

I still don't know when a release of AMDCompress will be made public that supports VS 2015.  So I'd still like an answer on that.

Support response follows:

The issue with the DDS being 128 byte is due to the uncompressed source DDS file not being formatted as HDR as is the case for 2b_boat.dds (Format is compressed BC7) when converting to a compressed BC6H DDS file.

The SDK currently does not support direct Compressed format BC7 to Compressed format BC6H, It also does not support ARGB_8888 (uncompressed) to BC6H, This feature can be added in future releases.

2a_boat.dds  is Uncompressed 32bpp BGRA

2b_boat.dds  is Compressed BC7

2c_boat.dds  is Uncompressed 32bpp BGRA

Please try using

EXR to compressed DDS (BC6H)

AMDCompressCLI -fd BC6H .\images\Balls.exr  .\results\3a_Balls.dds

0 Likes