AnsweredAssumed Answered

League of legends overheating cpu

Question asked by vilours on Jan 27, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 by techguy

Hello

Since a while ( about 2-3 month ago ), my computer started to randomly shutdown when i was playing League of Legends. At the start, i tought it was the dust so i blowed the inside once. After that, it keep shutting down more frequently but not always. I tried to solve the problem by looking at the event viewers but none of them was the problem. Since nothing workd and the problem got bigger ( it shutdown after 7-10 min in game ). So, i contacted Riot Support who sent me to MSI support, who send me there.

Finaly, i may pointed the problem out ; my cpu. For some reasons, the temperature rise alot until it hit the max temp that it can handle. Oh and, i can play others games. Like Battlefront, Diablo 3, Fallout 4 and others without any problem. Checked the temperature of everygame and only League of Legends seems to have a problem with it. Others things i noticed, its my fan are turning alot while playing anything but LoL. And i don't have graphical issues ; i can run the game at the lowest quality and maximum quality without troubleshooting and it dosent change the time it take to shutdown my computer.

So, there i am. I epuised all the trick i know and run out of patience. I'm probably going to buy a new cpu next week to replace it but i'd like to see if anyone could have a solution to fix and save my 200€

Windows 8.1 64 bits

MSI Radeon R9 290 2GB

FX-6350 Black Edition 3.9 GHZ

Corsair CX600

Don't remember motherboard but compatible with everything.

Outcomes