AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Installer and Drivers error

Question asked by thrashard9 on Jan 26, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 by amdmatt

Hello,

So I finally built my PC, and after installing Windows and everything I went to AMD's website to install drivers. I thought I'd use the "Automatic Detector" thing so I downloaded it, and after saying it had found a driver, I downloaded it, but it doesn't seem to show up anywhere in my PC. Under the "Windows 7 64-bit" section of the drivers I downloaded the Radeon Software thing, which created an AMD folder on my PC. I also installed that "AMD Minimal Setup" thing, but this is where it gets weird. So I launch the AMD Installer thing, and after displaying the "Analyzing System" page I get 2 errors saying "The primary document entity couldn't be opened" and "No installable components, call AMD for assistance". I deleted the minimal setup thing, so now I only have my AMD folder with the bunch of stuff and the Automatic Detector. I might as well put in my specs if it helps. i5-4690K, 8 gigs of ram, 256GB SSD, Club3D R9 380. I am terribly sorry if any of these are really simple and common mistakes, I'm completely new to AMD's layout after only using nVidia. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Outcomes