0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 10:10 AM by william

AncientArtefact

william

Description

This is my ancient "gaming" PC. It was pretty good during it's times but now its just too outdated. Currently I am using it mostly for work and browsing the internet. It's missing many great features like DX11/12 or USB 3 not to mention SSD drive. You can check the specs below.

Processor is slow, GPU is super slow but from time to time when I manage to make some free time I can play some games. I enjoy playing Team Fortress 2 and would probably enjoy some newer games as well but that's just not possible on my current system.

I have overclocked CPU to 2.5GHz and it would probably go higher but I haven't tried because it is using stock cooler. The temps are pretty good. I am getting ~ 30°C on CPU when idle and no more than 60°C when pushed to 100% with ~1500 RPM on the cooler. GPU is sitting comfortable at about 35°C most of the time.

I wanted to replace it last year with something like R9 380 + i5 6600k with 16GB DDR3 ram but than decided to wait for newer architecture. It just was not a good time to upgrade since I had big expenses in the other ares of my life and this new stuff looks very promising.

I am planning to build a new one this year based on Zen CPU probably with Polaris GPU and DDR4. I am pretty excited to see how it all end up.

Specifications

CPUIntel Core 2 Quad Q8200 BOX
      CoolerStock
      MotherboardGIGABYTE P43-ES3G
      MemoryKingston 4GB DDR2-800Mhz 2x2GB
      GraphicsGIGABYTE Radeon HD4670 1GB (128) aktiv 1xDVI DDR3
      Disc Drive 1WD Green 750GB
      Disc Drive 2
      Disc Drive 3
      PSUZM-500LX Dual Forward PSU (originally was Fortron SAGA 2 400W)
      CaseThermaltake
      Monitor27" LED LCD - single monitor for now