AnsweredAssumed Answered

Games crashing Radeon r9 200 series

Question asked by avianar80 on Jan 24, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 by avianar80

Hey everyone. I'm new here but I figured the best place to find an answer for my question was the source.

Starting around 3 months ago, playing any heavy visual games, such as Aion Online, World of Warcraft, and even the HD remake of Oddworld: Stranger's wrath, causes my screen to eventually freeze in a solid color with a grid of darker lines on it. The sounds and everything, even the OS (Windows 10) hangs, and I have to restart the computer completely to stop it. Even sometimes before I updated the drivers to a more up-to-date version it was crashing even on the sign-in screen in Windows.

I've ran stress tests of my CPU, did a memory diagnostic through the Windows tool, and finally ran a video card stress test and it did the same thing, hanging with a dark blue screen and having a slightly darker blue grid over it. Combine this with the fact that less visually intensive games such as Hearthstone are perfect, and almost every sign points to the video card. I'm hoping there's a fix for this before I end up having to just buy another one, and if I do I'll probably end up with another brand simply because the low amount of time this card has lasted me. If any additional information is needed, just ask.

Outcomes