4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 7:59 PM by epicmarkvan

Serious Malfunction: Driver or Hardware? Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition

epicmarkvan

Recently started having problems. No signs of problems beforehand. Was playing Skyrim a few nights ago when the game crashed, froze my PC for a bit, and then Windows 10 told me the AMD Driver crashed "but recovered."  I gave it some time, and eventually tried another game; Reign of Kings. Same thing happened, but shortly after, it made Windows crash. Gave me the "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE" error. Looked that up online and it blamed Windows 10. After this, it refused to get to the Windows Login GUI. It was freezing the entire PC during startup, and the graphics were displaying oddly. Horizontal discolored lines across the screen, but not all over. Restarted, tried again, no dice. So, I unplugged the card and plugging my monitor into the motherboard. Started fine, and with no issues. From there, I ran virus checks and did about everything I could think of, including uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it. No dice again, still freezing on startup. This time I uninstalled the Driver and started it without it. It got past the login screen, but the screen now has two vertical green discolorations that distort when I move things around the screen. About five minutes in, however, it freezes up and crashes. I've tried everything I know how to do, and nothing has helped, so I'm hoping someone here can assist me. I'm willing to give any information necessary to help me fix this problem, and I'm seriously crossing my fingers that it isn't hardware, but if it is, it is.

Thanks for reading, guys, and I hope you can help me figure this out.