1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 6:22 AM by anthony566

Unable to load Catalyst drivers (Win 7 x64bit) for AMD Radeon 7970 GPU

kkraemer

Title pretty much says it, buts here's some background info

I had a GTX 750ti and wanted to upgrade, so I got the 7970 (it was a friends and he just gave it to me because he got a Titan). So I tried to download the drivers for that specific model and specs, but right as it gets to 2% the window stops working and closes itself out. I've gotten to 12% before but then the same thing has happened. Do I need to uninstall every driver for every GPU (including integrated intel)? OR what, I'm clueless, I've looked everywhere.

Thank you guys, if you need more info I'll try to get more for you!

• Re: Unable to load Catalyst drivers (Win 7 x64bit) for AMD Radeon 7970 GPU
          anthony566

As you are having issues installing the driver and have had an Nvidia card installed prior to the AMD 7970 I would first run DDU Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

once you have downloaded this run DDU it will prompt you that it will reboot your system into safe mode once in safemode select the uninstall  select Nvidia from the dropdown box and then select Clean and restart once this has completed you should be able to install your drivers as long as the AMD download is not corrupt.

Also when you downloaded the AMD drivers did you go through the options and select the correct driver rather than the auto detect ?? if not do this again and download the driver manually via the drop downs