3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2016 11:58 AM by kingfish

Uninstall AMD Radeon Crimson Software: Will I still be able to run my computer?

marti456

Hi All - Though I am very tech oriented, I know next to nothing about graphics drivers. I am not a gamer. I installed the FULL version of AMD Radeon Crimson Software. I truly think my system is slower.  I have Windows 10.

My question is: Can I uninstall the full package software without damaging my computer? (Sorry for such a basic question in this super-smart forum.) I would like to uninstall the FULL version, and just install the minimum. I just don't want to uninstall, and then be looking at a blank screen.

Advice appreciate and thanks.

• Re: Uninstall AMD Radeon Crimson Software: Will I still be able to run my computer?
          kingfish

You can go into the device manager > display adapter ..and roll back to the drivers you had previously.

• Re: Uninstall AMD Radeon Crimson Software: Will I still be able to run my computer?
              marti456

Thanks for the reply. That would be a great solution, however, the roll-back-drive tab is grayed out and un-clickable.

I'm in Windows 10, using AMD Radeon HD 4800 / R3 series. 

What if I download and install the smaller version to make it active, then uninstall the full version? Would there be a way to do that?

kingfish

Well, there is a problem. If you have a HD4000 series graphics card, it is not fully supported under Windows 10 and will have to use the basic drivers furnished by Microsoft.

The following Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products support up to WDDM 1.1 and DirectX® 10.1:

• ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics
                  • ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics
                  • ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

These graphics products must be installed using display driver version: 8.970.100.9001. This driver is provided as a courtesy and only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

NOTE: ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization on October, 2013. No additional driver releases are planned for these products.