darkprinceev

Tomb Raider (2013) crashes on MSAA. R9 290X

Discussion created by darkprinceev on Jan 22, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 by darkprinceev

Hey guys. I have a weird problem. I have an Asus R9 290X Direct CU II OC with latest official crimson driver, 8 GB of RAM, win7 64x, Intel 4790K cpu.  I decided to play Tomb Raider to get ready for its sequel which comes next week. everything's ok on Ultra settings. but when I change AA from FXAA to MSAA 2x or 4x, the game crashes after a few minutes of playing and it happens mostly during in-game cut scenes. suddenly black dots appears, the screen tears apart, and monitor goes blank and I have to restart the system.

I have exactly same problem with Assassin's Creed Syndicate when I play it on very high setting during the cutscenes.

both games run perfectly and there's not any lag, frame drop, or other problems during gameplay. but looks like during cutscenes something puts a kind of very high pressure on the card and causes the crash.

I changed my latest official driver to the latest beta but nothing changed.

also searched about this problem and found out that other people have the same issue and some of them managed to solve their problems with a program calls Clock Blocker. but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

ClockBlocker (profiled AMD power-management control) - Guru3D.com Forums

any helps will be much appreciated.

Outcomes