5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 2:05 AM by jaffy

CPU Alimentation control on new AMD Radeon software?

jaffy

Hello everyone.

Ima say sorry first, in case Id sound noobish -since Im a newbie to these things but well-.

I've got this pc, with an amd radeon r9 200 / hd 7900 series graphic card, and it has the catalyst control center. The catalyst control has a feature called alimentation control, that allows me to increase power incoming to pc, to increase its performances aswell (so, increase of fps/speed overall of gpu).

Now my issue is that with the release of the AMD software, that's replacing the catalyst control, Im goin to lose this option. I tried the new software but had to uninstall it, uninstall all the drivers and downgrade to old drivers with latest version of the catalyst control.

Now, what Im wondering about is what Im gonna do once new drivers come out and I'll have issues while running games due to old video drivers. Is there a way to solve this?

There gonna be the alimentation control on the AMD software in next versions?

Ty everyone in advance for replies

• Re: CPU Alimentation control on new AMD Radeon software?
          waltc

You can still increase the power up to 20% in the Crimsons...in the Crimson interface select "Gaming" then "Global Settings" & then the "Global Overdrive" tab.

amdmatt

CPU Overdrive has been removed from Crimson and will not return. If you wish to keep this functionality, please use Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                jaffy

and is it possible to keep up with graphic drivers even without installing the new softwares?

waltc

You can do this:

1)Uninstall Crimson 16.1's, then install the most recent Catalyst driver release

2) Open Device manager

3) find "Display adapters"

4)right-click on the name of your display adapter and select "update driver software"

5) select "browse for driver software"

6) select "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

7)on the "select driver you want to install for this hardware" tab, select the "have disk" button

8)hit the "browse" button and point it to C:\AMD\WHQL-Radeon-Software-Crimson-edition-16.1-64-bit-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-Jan7\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\C0297971.inf and hit the "open" button and sit back as your Crimson drivers populate the CCC shell.

Not sure I know what you're asking, because your title says "CPU" but your post talks only about your GPU...Again, if you are looking for the power control for your gpu and overclocking your gpu, then my original post is the one you ought to follow...but if you want the functional Catalyst interface with the latest Crimson drivers, this is the only road there.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        jaffy

Screenshot_6.pngScreenshot_5.png

As I said, I could've sounded noobish. Actually I'ma show you couple screenshots so you understand why I was talking about cpu and not gpu. Anyway so far I guess that all I wanted to know was how to keep catalyst software while having always newer graphic drivers to avoid bugs and glitches with games and such.

[The first one is from system, showing the power of my processor, second one is from ccc, showing basically the regolation of processor speed, but I'd not call it overclock since at max it'd give me just 4000MHz that's the regular speed processor should have and not surpassing it. I'll repeat, maybe in my mind that's not overclocking but for technicians is. Ty so far for the reply ]