AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD AMD Radeon R7 200 Series help

Question asked by unknownperson on Jan 22, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 by amdmatt

I just recently bought AMD Sapphire R7 250 2gb DDR5 and installed it in my pc. But still the pc graphics seem to be running little low or to be precise the performance of the graphics is still seem to be running low. I work in 3D modelling so I need to run Autodesk MAYA and 3DS Max, Photoshop and such. And apparently Max and Maya are still running very slow. I was wondering if its related to the graphic card. So I had a few questions that came to my mind that was related to the card :-

1) I installed the driver that came with the card but apparently the graphic drivers are updated and when I used the auto detect utility, there was another driver that was recommended to be installed. So my question is, is it necessary to install that ? And if it is then do I need to uninstall the old driver ? And if I do which is the driver that is necessary to be installed. The auto detect utility didn't work properly as I thought it would, so I checked the AMD driver site and it showed 3 results [P.s as shown in the image below.] Which one should I download and install ?

2) I even installed a new Mother board as well but I didnt install the chipset driver that came with the board driver CD. Is it necessary ? I was told that if I am installing the AMD driver for the graphic card, it automatically covers everything. Is it correct or wrong ?

AMD.png

Outcomes