AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot set resolution to 1366 x 768 @ 60 on HDTV w HDMI

Question asked by lcames on Jan 20, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2016 by lcames

Hi,

I have an HDTV connected with an HDMI cable running on an XFX X1 (HD5650 I think) under Windows 7.  I am unable to choose 1366 x 768 @ 60 using either the Windows resolution setting or the CCC.  That is the listed native resolution for the TV, and when driven at that resolution it looks great..  I assume the TV is not reporting the resolution as possible or something is not working with EDID because of the HDMI connection?  Wrinkle - If I connect another widescreen LCD monitor with the VGA port, while still having the TV connected through HDMI,  suddenly I can choose the native resolution/refresh..The LCD monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster that runs native at 1440 x 900 @ 60. I have the latest Radeon Crimson driver v16.1 installed currently but the problem existed under the previous two drivers as well. I can run the monitor under the 720p HDTV setting, but that uses a refresh of 30Hz and causes annoying flicker / image stability issues.  I tried the Custom resolution option in the CCC but it only got to 1253 x 680 ish - and still had the wrong refresh. Wrong refresh means flicker / image stability issues. :-)

Does anyone know how to force / set the actual native resolution up?  I have heard of 3rd party resolution utilities, but I would rather be able to just set a resolution in the AMD tool.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Sorry for the length. Just trying to be thorough.

Outcomes