AnsweredAssumed Answered

The video card has been physically removed from the system

Question asked by reradford on Jan 20, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2018 by chenhoca

My graphics card is throwing an error when I try to boot Dragon Age: Inquisition. See the attached screenshot. I had no problems before today.

I restarted the computer, updated DirectX, restarted, uninstalled AMD, restarted, reinstalled the earlier version of AMD, restarted, unplugged my additional monitor, nothing. Then I tried booting Origins as administrator, nothing. I haven't changed any of the system settings from defaults.

Here are my specs:

Radeon Software 15.12 Crimson Edition (after the reinstall)

Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Memory Size 2048

Memory Type HyperMemory

Core Clock 1050

Windows 10

System Memory 8GB

Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.7 GHz

Here's most of the error message:

DirectX function ....

DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM,

DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_FLAG_ALLOW_MODE_SWITCH)" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. The application should destroy and recreate the device. For help debugging the problem, call ID3D10DEVICE::GetDeviceRemovedReason.". GPU: "AMD Radeon R7 200 Series", Driver: 15.8 ... This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you  have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB.

Message was edited by: Rose Radford Added additional text of error message to make searchable

Attachments

Outcomes