Going to try and follow the format here...
- A brand new Powercolor PCS+ Radeon R9 380 series 4GB GDDR5 - No Overclocking done. Multiple driver versions used to try and solve the issue without success, including Crimson 16.1 (for Windows 10 64 bit) - at the moment, 15.11 is installed (apparently)...
- Windows 10 (for Home Use)
- My graphics card is being recognised by Microsoft Device Manager, which says the device is working properly.
However, when I click on "Radeon Settings" on the system tray, it states that "No AMD graphics card driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."
I have tried to reinstall the driver several times,
and have even used a Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), to delete everything and start afresh.
When that didn't work either after reinstalling the drivers, I did it again, only this time I clicked all the boxes in the image here - http://s18.postimg.org/6hz0pt87d/IMG_4109.jpg
I'm now at this stage - http://s18.postimg.org/b8yw7u11l/IMG_4114.jpg and I'm not sure where to go from here...
Any ideas of what else I can try?
- Intel i3-4160 3.6Ghz 3.6Ghz
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Dell 19c monitor - connected to the motherboard with a VGA cable.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2H Socket 1150/PCI-Ex16/Micro-ATX - 2DDR3 2-CH//HD Audio, LAN/2SATA 6Gb/s 6 USB 3.0.
Motherboard BIOS Version
- Not sure about this one, I'll check later...
System Memory Type & Amount
- Seagate 1TB HDD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD
- I think it's an EVGA 650w Supernova - EVGA - Product Specs - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 Power Supply
- SSD has Windows 10 on it and is the C drive, HDD is the D drive. Additional PCI unit is a a wireless LAN card to allow for wireless internet access. The computer has an active subscription of Norton AntiVirus software, and is clean and has only been built a few days ago. I have checked to make sure the GPU is connected securely to the PCIe port.
I'd be really helpful if you can advise me - I don't know what's going on with this and i'm very new to PCs... Happy to provide further information if needed...
IMG_4116.JPG 823.0 KB
IMG_4115.JPG 877.7 KB
IMG_4114.JPG 600.4 KB
IMG_4113.JPG 509.4 KB
IMG_4112.JPG 610.6 KB
IMG_4111.JPG 486.9 KB
IMG_4110.JPG 452.1 KB
IMG_4109.JPG 613.5 KB
IMG_4108.JPG 444.3 KB
IMG_4106.JPG 546.9 KB
IMG_4105.JPG 544.3 KB
IMG_4104.JPG 447.7 KB
IMG_4103.JPG 525.9 KB
IMG_4102.JPG 483.6 KB
IMG_4101.JPG 754.2 KB
IMG_4100.JPG 489.7 KB
IMG_4099.JPG 554.7 KB
IMG_4098.JPG 487.4 KB
IMG_4097.JPG 700.2 KB
IMG_4096.JPG 4.3 MB
IMG_4095.JPG 534.2 KB
IMG_4094.JPG 703.3 KB
IMG_4093.JPG 468.6 KB
IMG_4092.JPG 2.3 MB