2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 2:38 AM by entropicgoat

Radeon settings don't seem to do anything.

entropicgoat

Or at least they don't seem to. I have been following some guides to get crossfire working on some games and been completely unable to get anything to work. I then decided to try turning crossfire off on one game where it worked and that didn't do anything either, crossfire was still running. Simply put any changes I make to the settings in Radeon Settings seem to make no difference what so ever.

I am running windows 10 with dual R9 390x Strix, I have reinstalled all the drivers multiple times. The only related program that comes to mind that I have not touched is Asus GPU tweak 2. In the games that run with Crossfire work perfectly, for example I have no profile set for GTA V nor has Radeon Settings noticed it but Crossfire works. Warframe on the other hand with a profile set does absolutely nothing nor do any others that have their settings set in Radeon Settings.

I would really love some help figuring this out!

• Re: Radeon settings don't seem to do anything.
          t77chevy

gta 5 has a amd profile by default and why it works , for games without cf profiles you will need to make one and play with the different settings to get cf to kick in , most times choosing afr friendly will get them to kick in but just play with different settings until they do

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Radeon settings don't seem to do anything.
              entropicgoat

This is what I have found funny though, Warframe also has a profile. Warframe was detected by Radeon settings Crimson and when I select the warframe profile in AMD CrossFire Mode it does nothing. GTAV has on the other hand not been detected by Radeon settings and has nothing set but works, another example is Alien: Isolation which has been detected and CrossFire works by default, however changing the settings to turn off CrossFire in that game does nothing. This is why it has started to seem that changing the settings has done nothing. I have 16.1 installed, what version do you have in case that could be the issue?