1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 5:00 PM by t77chevy

FuryX @ Freesync problems

altra001

Hello All

Id like to share my experiences with the new Crimson Drivers and Freesync artifacting/glitching that is not observed with Previous Catalyst drivers.

Setup:

CPU: Intel i7-980x

RAM: 12GB Corsair DDR3

GPU: Sapphire Fury X

Driver: Crimson 16.1 HotFix

Cable Setup: Belkin E119932 DP to DP

Monitor: Acer XR341CK 3440x1440 @ 75Hz

Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme

PSU: Corsair 750W

Now what do I mean by artifacting/glitching?

Think of it like a doggy HDMI connection and the image displays scratchy lines and barcodes like images across your screen.

With any Crimson driver the artifacting is present in Anno 2205 on the menu And even COD Advanced Warefare. With older drivers like catalyst 15.11 for example there are no issues.

If you force 100% Core Clocks with ClockBlocker the issues are no longer present.

If you create a custom refresh rate of 59Hz or 65Hz again there is no issues. The default refresh rates of 60Hz and 75Hz both however demonstrate artifacting/glitching.

I have replaced my DP cable to the one listed above, no change.

If I change my color to 6Bit from 8/10Bit I also do not experiance any artifacting/glitches.

I have ran so many tests and scenarios that drivers appear to be the issue here. Freesync has undergone some changes in the Crimson edition drivers, so it would be interesting what AMD have acknowledged here or any recommendations moving forward.