3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 12:29 AM by kingfish

No Catalyst Control center or Crimson after install

blackeyefish

I tried to update to the AMD crimson thing after I noticed I didn't have the Catalyst control center anymore. This confused me a lot as I installed the crimson thing and was left with a gaming control thing(useless), a streaming thing, an audio thing and the install manager. I have no catalyst control center or anywhere to manage my AMD settings. Before I get a bot reply and you're thinking wow easy AMD rep points for this question, I did uninstall and reinstall many times. I did uninstall the driver completely and reinstalled it in safe mode. Yes I am using the APU 64 bit drivers, yes I am using the most recent up to date one. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything individually one by one. I'm not left with some gaming thing which is completely useless to me and nowhere to change my actually display settings? Thanks AMD

• Re: No Catalyst Control center or Crimson after install
          kingfish

If you are having a problem with your graphics card or a particular game...Please report it to AMD. Keep in mind that the more reports sent to the Catalyst engineers, the more attention paid. This is the only way things get fixed. Note that all issues must be reproducible (this is why specific information is required), and submitting a "Issue Report" is not a invitation to a dialog with AMD. Don't expect a reply. Just report it and encourage others to do the same.

www.amd.com/report

blackeyefish

I was expecting you to reply with something unhelpful. There is nothing wrong with my graphics card or any of my hardware. It's whatever is in the AMD crimson install manager not containing some form of control center for me to manage my settings? Did you not read what I said originally? I don't play games so nothing that I installed is helpful to me at all.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                  kingfish

You are a very unpleasant person.  You really don't comprehend what a user to user forum is, bless your heart. Everyone here is a user, not a computer engineer. I suggested you contact AMD who can actually answer your question and do something about it, but no, you would rather vomit on a public forum. I would love for you to walk into my shop and tell me how to fix your computer. That would be fun.

So, since you have not shared anything about your computer or graphics except it's some kind of APU, and have limited what responses are acceptable I will give you two (2) clues: roll back or system restore.

And buy a puppy.

AMD Support  Forum - Terms & Conditions

OFFICIAL TERMS OF USE

This is a user to user English language only Support Forum. Information or opinions contained in any posts are those solely of the user making the post and are in no way validated by, or the opinions of, AMD, including our moderators. Use of any information on this board is done so AT YOUR OWN RISK and all information is provided "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. While we may at time respond to posts, AMD makes no warranties or claims regarding the validity of any information posted by users on this board.

This is a forum for end users to get together and support one another in the process.

CYUy_QKUoAAw6Gj.png