11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 5:20 PM by gpur9380789blue

Serious driver problems with MSI R9 380 4G. Please help!

gpur9380789blue

I really need help as this build has been running for 2 weeks now. Everything is new and updated. The only things I haven't updated are VGA drivers and BIOS. Lately I've been getting problems with two games that I mostly play. The game that I mostly crash on is GTA V. Now the crashes I get are unexpected like any crash would likely be. Playing for hours I wouldn't get any problems but out of no where the game crashes. Either the crash be a ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT which I believe is a common GTA V problem. I looked on a thread and one use said to try use Directx 10 because I was running settings on Directx 11. Neither worked. I also got a crash where I lose signal to monitor. I used HMDI cable connected to GPU. Now I'm unsure if the lost of signal is MSI drivers or AMD ones I tried.

Below are drivers I've tried and results that I got from crashes. Just to mention these crashes are sometimes happen after few hours of play maybe or just suddenly when spawning in GTA V lobby.

>>EDIT<<<

After messing around for hours, I've just decided to stick with the original drivers. I can run GTA V fine (I hope) but for Just Cause 3 it's unsure.

GTA V

MSI Driver 15.201.1151.1007 and 15.201.1151.1007 (15.11 beta)

1. Runs at 60FPS.
      2. Crash is ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT which is rare to get
      3. Crash is lost of signal (Unsure if this has happened with MSI drivers)

AMD 15.300.1025.1001 (Crimson Edition 15.12)

1. Runs at 60FPS
      2. Crash is lost of signal

AMD 15.301.1201.0 (Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix) - Worst driver

1. Run at 60fps but in as weather changes or fast pace driving it drops to 50-40.
      2. Crash is lost of signal

Just cause 3

Unsure which drivers ran fine but the game still crashed but rarely. Today I played for hours without a single crash even restarting the game didn't trigger anything. The AMD Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix really makes game run bad at 30-20fps.

I'm really lost here and could do with help. I just cant figure out whats the problem. Do I have to update something? Change settings? Increase power????? Thanks in advance for feedback.

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

16GB RAM HyperX (Kingston)

Asus Z97-A Motherboard

MSI AMD R9 380 4G Graphics Card

EVGA 600W PSU

CPU Fan Cooler Master hyper 212 evo CPU