4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 3:31 PM by kingfish

AMD Driver crashing WoW on Win 10 x64

jauchgunter39

Since Months WoW is crashing on Win 10 with the AMD Drivers. I already talked to the blizzard support and they said its the amd driver specifically atidxx64.dll.

CPU:      i5 4590

GPU:     280x

RAM:     8GB DDR3

• Re: AMD Driver crashing WoW on Win 10 x64
          amdmatt

What AMD driver are you using? Have you tried an older/newer version?

thingsmith

I am having similar problem with Mass Effect 1 and 2.  There are also problems with positioning, ie falling thru floors or being above floors.   

System Information

Radeon Software Version - 16.1

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Memory Size - 2048 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 975 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10

System Memory - 32 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz

This has been happening for the last 3 versions.   

I have played thru with several different characters before the last 3 updates and I have repaired and reinstalled the games.  

Part of my point is make sure that AMD is aware of the problem.  Also to determine if there are some AMD gaming default setting I should change.  In Mass Effect 1 it would just crash out. In Mass Effect 2, it crashes to a black full screen.  I need to move to a different Win 10 virtual desktop to be able to close it.

soylent

I have the same problem and I have been reading that a lot of people are having this issue with many if not all games/streaming etc. Many have stated that AMD is aware of the problem and refuses to address it. Very disappointing and if not addressed soon I'll take my business elsewhere.

kingfish

If you are having a problem with your graphics card or a particular game...Please report it to AMD. Keep in mind that the more reports sent to the Catalyst engineers, the more attention paid. This is the only way things get fixed. Note that all issues must be reproducible (this is why specific information is required), and submitting a "Issue Report" is not a invitation to a dialog with AMD. Don't expect a reply. Just report it and encourage others to do the same.

www.amd.com/report