4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 1:00 PM by dher490 Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Can I get help with this error. "AMD Driver has stopped responding but has succesfully recovered."

amdmatt

What are you doing when the driver crash occurs?

Can you provide more information please about your system and OS used?

Does it occur on an older Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta driver?

• Re: Can I get help with this error. "AMD Driver has stopped responding but has succesfully recovered."
          dher490

What are you doing when the driver crash occurs?

I was gaming... Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4. It occurred multiple times over several days.

Can you provide more information please about your system and OS used?

This was all in the original message but here it is again. If you need more please be more specific so I can provide it to you.

>>Direct X ERROR

Direct X Function “Get Device Removed Reason” failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET (“The Device Failed due to a badly formed command.”). GPU: “AMD Radeon 200 Series”, Driver: 15.8 (R15.301.201-151223a-297971C)<<

Computer Specs...

"AMD

Windows 10 O/S (Updated)

CPU        AMD A10-6800K               54 °C

Richland 32nm Technology

RAM    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-9-10-24)

Motherboard    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. F2A78M-D3H (P0)               33 °C

Graphics    HP 2159 (1920x1080@60Hz)

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)    31 °C

Storage    931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA)     32 °C

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 (SATA)               33 °C

Optical Drives         HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0

Audio    AMD High Definition Audio Device

Does it occur on an older Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta driver?

No. Windows was updated to it's latest version at the time but it was the last build prior to Windows most recent build that was downloaded on or about January 15. I just can't remember which build it was. The GPU (2048 MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series. (Sapphire/PCPartner) was updated to the most recent AMD Crimson (I believe) driver. Also, the errors initially occurred on a 15.8 (R15.301.201-151223a-297971C) driver I believe. I did the updates while working through the troubleshoots of the errors.

I finally threw in the towel yesterday. I rolled back my computer O/S to an earlier (December) Windows 10 build and it's running fine... older build but running fine for now. However, the problem is not wholly resolved. I'm afraid that if I wish to upgrade the O/S with its most current build then I'll resurrect the problem via the upgrade. I'd prefer to find the cause and fix it rather than hang behind the O/S builds and pick and choose the builds to try.

I can't help but think the Direct X build might have had something to do with things. But then again, the Direct X failure appears to have been GPU driver related. I could be wrong. Either way, after I rolled the latest Windows 10 back to mid December's build all fell back into place. But like I said earlier, the mystery still lurks in the system.

Besides, it's a pain to have to tinker on these things when we should be enjoying them. But it is better now than it was ten or twenty years ago or more... I'll give technology that.

So if you have any ideas I'd sure be entertaining them. T

Thanks in advance Matt,

Dennis