AnsweredAssumed Answered

A10 7870 overheat and noise

Question asked by katszbalger on Jan 17, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 by kingfish

Hi guys im new, first for all i have to say my english is primitive.

Let me introduce in my problem, few months a go i built a gamming pc from parts, all new (but the GPU):

CPU: A10 7870K

MOTHERBOARD: FM2A88M Pro3+

GPU: MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr II/OC (bough a new pair of original fans to replace old ones)

RAM: 4Gb DDR3 1866Mhz Kingston HyperX Fury (2units, 8Gb total)

Power: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600W (no Plus Bronze)

At the start (everything but the gpu) had a constant Blue Screen Error, after lots of hs trying to solve that issue, updated motherboard last BIOS and the problem disappeared.

After several weeks of use, I began to suspect that something was wrong with the cpu fan. After the CPU and its drivers were installed, the CPU fan began issuing strangely high levels of stress at rest.

then i got into BIOS setup, and cheked that cpu fan runs at 3000rpm, cpu temps hit 50 celsius.  All BIOS configuration is in auto.

In other part, when im playing (i mean 5mins of play, no more) cpu fan goes up to 5000rpm, and cpu temp gets close to 85 celsius. Here where i am is summer, but temp goes up to 35 and my case is nicely cooled with 4 fans, so there is not a weather issue.

Iff you need more detailed info to try something just ask, please i need help, thanks.

Outcomes