AnsweredAssumed Answered

Driver Black Screen

Question asked by chickenfeedgames on Jan 17, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 by t77chevy

I got a new Sapphire r9 390. Immedialtly I plugged it in and uninstalled the old Nvidia drivers (Gtx 560 ti). When asked to reboot I did and the windows logo appeared but then the screen went black and would not show even the mouse. I plugged in the old card and the system boots up perfectly. I then tried to boot up the new card again and the same issue occurred. After a while of frustration I booted into safe mode and it worked perfectly, from there I downloaded the latest drivers from your website. at approxiametly 2% I was greeted by an error message during the installation process saying "AMD Install Failure". I clicked ok and the install process continued. It got to about 16% and the screen went black and would not respond, then my monitor said "no video available" I looked at the system and the fans had stopped spinning. After a while I tried to get of safe mode and boot it up, still the same issue with the screen going blank after windows loading. Eventually I put in the old Nvidia card and downloaded a program called display fusion to wipe both Nvidia and AMD drivers. I put in the 390 and booted it up and it worked. So I went through the same process of downloading and installing the driver, the SAME issue occurred !. I then got a buddy to test this card in his system and everything works fine. So the card is working. After a while I thought it would be a good idea to try and perform some basic windows updates. That didn't work either. I even tried to start again by wiping all drivers and installing the Nvidia ones. That works. But when I try to get the AMD ones working same issue. I might have not explained all this very well, I apologise for that. But this is the only thing I can think off is to contact yous and see if you can help. The thing that confuses me the most is that without the drivers the card works perfectly, but half way through the install process it fails? If you guys could shed some light on this that would be great. At this point I am just curious as to what is going on. I also thought that doing a clean install of windows might help, but I will see what you guys think ? Cheers, Paul

Outcomes