AnsweredAssumed Answered

really poor website experience

Question asked by doesitmatter? on Jan 16, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2016 by kingfish

So here i am, trying to install drivers on a new Asus x555y.

I visit the AMD website, download the automatic detector for drivers, it detects the system params and ... NOTHING Happens! It just redirects to the subscribe-to-spam form, but not driver gets loaded.

Then i go to the manual download for AMD Chipset Drivers... and try to get drivers for win 7 (I have the 64 bit). But guess what - under the 64 bit chipset they have a link to the 32 bit... (well, NY, drunk admin or smth.)

So I try to edit link and change 32 to 64, but guess what - the website checks and considers this an outside link - and outside links are not allowed (which is really idiotic thing to do). So again - failure to download drivers.

In the end i want to use the "contact us" form, but all i get is:

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->  <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration>

On the overall the website is over loaded with useless scripts which make it difficult to navigate not only on a new machine (which has explorer and no drivers), but i have been getting scrollbar problems on my main PC.

Sorry, butI don't know how you can compete with anyone with such horrific support experience.

Outcomes