1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 3:17 AM by amdmatt

A few problems with my AMD Radeon R9 M375

alexnhchong

Okay, before I start, I just wanted to say I'm not very good with computers so please forgive me if any of my questions sounds dumb.

I have recently bought a new laptop (Lenovo Z51-70) with the following specs (sorry for the length, I'm not sure which bits might help towards solving my problem so I have basically copied and pasted everything from the Radeon Settings):

Radeon Software Version - 16.1

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson

Windows Version - Windows 10

System Memory - 8 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

Radeon Settings Version - 2015.1223.1060.19763

Driver Packaging Version - 15.201.1101-150806a-188101C-Lenovo

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1500

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.1128

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13399

OpenCL™ Version - 2.0.4.0

AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.99

AMD Mantle API Version - 98309

AMD Audio Driver Version - Not Available

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) R9 M375

Device ID - 6820

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 3824

SubSystem Vendor ID - 17AA

Revision ID - 81

Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 2.0 x4

BIOS Version - 015.049.000.040

BIOS Part Number - BR46097.001

BIOS Date - 2015/02/03 01:16

Memory Size - 4096 MB

Memory Type - DDR3

Memory Clock - 900 MHz

Core Clock - 1015 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - 28 GByte/s

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0001

And I have encountered a few problems : problem 1)

After I installed the Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 and restarted my laptop, screenshot (5) popped up. (File system error (-2018374635) with a cmd behind the windows)

problem 2)

In screenshot (6), you'll see this little window on the bottom right corner saying "A new Radeon Software Crimson Edition (16.1) is available. Please click here for more information." But I have just downloaded the installer from the link stated, installed the update and restarted my computer. And this doesn't just happen to this edition of the updates. Ever since buying this laptop 2 months ago, I have had this message constantly popping up, despite the fact that I have installed all the latest updates. Is this a problem with the notification or is this a problem with the installers themselves?

problem 3)

In screenshot (6), you'll see that under the "Adapter" section, my AMD graphics card is absent. Why is that? (I have done a little research and the closest possible answer I could find to this is - the AMD GPU only starts functioning when I use applications that require heavy performances. Is this the reason?)

and finally problem 4)

When I open a game (Pro Evolution Soccer 2016), it issues a warning saying "Your computer does not meet the Minimum System Requirements to run this software. As a result, you may experience errors during operation. Your Video Card does not meet the required specifications. (GPU: VRAM 512MB)"

But my AMD Radeon R9 M375 is supposed to have 3GB of VRAM and 1GB of Shared RAM (Sorry if I am saying this retardedly but I have no idea what "shared RAM" means...)

I suspect this might be link to problem 3) and the game is only utilizing my Intel HD Graphics 5500? If so, how do I solve this problem?

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could help out!!

Alex

• Re: A few problems with my AMD Radeon R9 M375
          amdmatt

I'm about to buy the same system for my partner. How are you finding it?

Have you got the latest Intel iGPU drivers installed? You will need these installed and updated for Switchable Graphics to work correctly. Please update these drivers to the latest version.

Next ensure that Windows is fully up to date, including all recommended and optional updates.

Download DDU and run it in safe mode and click Clean and Restart. Once it has cleared your system you are safe to install the Crimson 16.1 Hotfix drivers.

To configure an application to use the M375 you need to open Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings.

In CCC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.