2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2016 10:29 AM by midwan

HD 6970 with Crimson drivers shows black screen

midwan

I have a setup of 2 x ASUS HD6970, on an i7 2600K CPU and 16GB of RAM platform.

Since the upgrade to the "Crimson Edition" drivers (even with the latest 16.1 beta), I've been experiencing problems with several games, as follows:

- Elite: Dangerous Horizons crashes with a graphics freeze (while the rest of the game apparently continues to work) randomly (about 50% of the time when jumping to other stars).

- Several games (usually "older" titles) show a black screen when started and going full screen - they apparently continue to work in the background as well, and don't have this problem if run in Windowed mode. Newer titles usually work normally on the other hand.

Rolling back to the "Catalyst" 15.7.1 drivers fixes this problem, but then of course I'm missing some of the bug fixes that are included in the latest ones (namely, regarding Just Cause 3, Star Wars: Battlefront, etc).

Is this a known issue that will be addressed at some point, or are we out of luck due to the  "legacy" status of this card model?