6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 7:08 AM by mcucad

Rhino 5

mcucad
      ProcessorAMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, 3700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

All settings are stock.

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-HD2

Mem: 8GB DDR3 (single module)

Drivers: Everything from about a year and a half ago to today.

O/S: Windows 10 Home (Previously Windows 7 Home)

DVI, wireless kb / mouse

500W PSU

1GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0 HDD

Rhinoceros 5

Hello, this has been happening for some time now.  Back when this system was Windows 7, the system would completely lock up.  No blue screen.  Mouse cursor would stop moving.  Ctrl+Alt+Del would do nothing.  In Windows 10 the software will lock up, and I will get a message about the display driver crashing and then recovering, but Rhino 5 will still need to be killed.  I've found that turning off AA helps a bit, but the problem is still there.  I have another A-10 machine with very similar specs that has the same issue.  Rhino 5 will run just fine (at a fraction of the performance) in software mode.  It will also run on an intel i3 / GF660ti setup just fine (and with AA as well).  There is a note on Rhino's website that says there is a long-standing issue with Rhino and Radeon hardware or its drivers. 

My immediate question is what can I do to run with hardware acceleration without crashing?

Is there maybe an OpenGL compatability driver?  Neither of these machines are used for gaming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

- Jon S