7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 11:05 AM by jlnilsson@gmail.com

Fury x and crossfire crashing games 1440p fullscreen

jlnilsson@gmail.com

Im having a very annoying issue with the crimson drivers crashing when i run games who start up at 1440p fullscreen and with crossfire active. If the profile doesn't support crossfire it tries to use it anyways and crashes. Since i cant disable it from the profiles page in the settings but instead I must go to old setting and completely shut down crossfire on my computer. This is very annoying and has been going on for months, it worked fine on win7 but not on win10. So will this be fixed in like ever or should i just sell my cards and go green instead (hurray for a 500 dollars loss...)? Ive seen thread about this on this forums so it must be a know issue.

Im hoping there is some easy fix im just missing.

• Re: Fury x and crossfire crashing games 1440p fullscreen
          t77chevy

the easy fix is set x game in border less  windowed mode and cf will not engage as x game must be full screen

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              jlnilsson@gmail.com

Well thats an easy fix IF games started in windowed borderless mode when you boot it up for the first time but all games i have ever started dont do this so this not a fix. Sure i could go into the config files and edit it manually but this is again a thing i shouldnt have to do just because the drivers dont work.

EDIT: Dragons dogma that was released yesterday doesnt even support windowed mode and crashes when CF is active

amdmatt

We're investigating an issue in 16.1 that causes profile settings to be lost or not apply correctly. I would recommend rolling back to an older version of Crimson or Catalyst until we release our next driver.

jlnilsson@gmail.com

I know this is an old and buried thread but i found something interesting out. When the division came out i noticed that even in windowed mode ie cf disabled, since it doesn't work, i was still getting low fps. Now when going into additional settings in crimson and turning it off CF completely i got a 30-40 fps boost. Doing this didn't have an effect on a game like Rise of the tomb raider which has a working crimson profile. Which gave me the same fps on one card in windowed mode and in fullscreen mode with CF disabled from the crimson profile. This behavior was the same for all game i had the time to test which ie the ones with an updated crimson profile worked like they should but old games or new ones that haven't gotten a new profile yet didn't.

So it seems at least for me that games that have gotten their profiles updated with crimson respect the CF switch while the ones that haven't don't and you have to disable it completely. This might just be weird thing with my system or something within crimson that makes games not respect the CF disabled flag in the profile.

jlnilsson@gmail.com

This issue is still in 1.6.1.1 but that driver is needed for CF in ROTTR which frankly atleast for me adds like 10 fps or less same for fallout 4 which makes me loose 40+fps. So CF seems to be really bugged with crimson on windows 10. Guess ill be going green when the new generation comes since Crimson seems really far away from being out of alpha.

Or is there an ETA on a fix coming?