AnsweredAssumed Answered

HD 9750 settings for a HDTV

Question asked by firepro911 on Jan 14, 2016

I upgraded a few months ago from my Dell stock AMD Radeon card to the AMD HD 7950 card. I also upgraded the power supply to a PM850. My TV is a Samsung HL67A750A1F. I use the DVI to HDMI cable and have also named the input port on the TV to PC.

When I had the stock video card in, the picture on the TV was great, though I had to lower the screen resolution on the PC as the TV would flicker on and off. I have the Duplicate the Displays checked under Multiple Displays.

When I installed the HD 7950, the TV picture was still great, though I still had to lower the PC resolution, this time to 1360x768. Well, a few weeks ago, the TV started to flicker no matter what resolution I set. I have been searching Google to try and figure this out.

Today I removed the HD 7950 and reinstalled the stock card again and the TV picture was great again.

Now my PC screen is unaffected by any of this. It always has a great picture.

My TV does have the white dots on the screen as it is a DLP. I have about 7 of them and it means my DLP Chip needs to be replaced. So I am wondering if this could be the cause of the flickering while trying to view the TV as a monitor?

Though the gaming consoles and DirecTV all workfine on it. Only the PC seems to cause the flickering.

I'm running the latest Radeon AMD Software.

TV Problems-4.jpg

This 17 second video shows what the TV is doing.

TV - YouTube

Outcomes