3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 4:13 PM by zasy99

AMD - Bring back CCC drivers until Crimson is stable.

zasy99

This is posted direct at AMD.

Please for the sake of everyone here and our sanity bring back the Catalyst Control Center driver releases or at least run CCC in parallel to Crimson for some time until you get Crimson working stable.

Crimson are horrible, look at the forums with all the people complaining.

My own experience:

1.  Crimson nearly fried my GPU, can you imagine, how insane is that, I saved it, thank you MSI AB and manual fan override.  First revision.

2.  Crimson always crashes 1min after boot.  Every Crimson release.

3.  Crimson settings panel freezes and I can't click on anything, have to restart.  Every release.

3.  Crimson now does not wake up my GPU or monitors attached after waking up from standby / sleep.  Thankfully I have at least one monitor connected to an iGPU and can see what i am doing to at least restart PC. Latest release.

I went through 3 months of waiting to get a working CCC driver for my 390x, remember that debacle, now, just a few months after getting that sorted out we get Crimson and you immediately remove CCC that had just started working for us.

Anyone knows that when making such a large change systems should be run in parallel until the new system has proven stable and successful.  As you can see from your own forums and thousands of articles / posts worldwide, it is far from successful.

So again, for everyone's sake, please at least give your millions of AMD users worldwide the option of choosing what works for them and release your driver updates in a CCC and Crimson packages, for at least the next 6 - 12 months.

Edited for spelling.

• Re: AMD - Bring back CCC drivers until Crimson is stable.
          warun

Yeah i`m having an issue as well.I cant even get access to these functions.Because I do not want Service Pack 1 on my Windows system.An i would appreciate not making that a requirement please?The UI,I am certain should run without requiring the full install of some outside software.So can you please go back to CCC please?

dave2150

AMD didn't take anything away from you.

You choose to install a new driver, when by all accounts the previous driver was working for your 390X.

Simply uninstall Crimson, and reinstall the previous driver that worked for you.

Hint, it should be in your c:/AMD folder all ready to install, unless you deleted them.

Also, not everyone has problems with Crimson. I'm using a 6700k/MSI 390X/1440p 144Hz Freesync setup here with absolutely no problems, on Crimson 6,1

zasy99

I never said they did take anything away.

Just pointing out that for myself and other this Crimson package is still far too much in its infancy to be considered stable, especially with the list of quite large issues myself and others are having.

Of course I can install and use an older driver prior to Crimson which I did but there will come a point when new game titles require driver adaptation for either stability or performance concerns in which case if all we have are Crimson which are not working out at all for many of us then we will be out of luck on running said game / software titles at all or at the performance level desired.

I'm all for progression, just don't suddenly and immediately take away that which was working for so many with the ONLY option being something that doesn't work yet.

Those issues I list are real, not made up and by no means small, they are crippling bugs that leave the hardware and or software not able to be used at all.

Like I said, on anything major one normally runs the two systems in parallel until the new systems proves stable enough for the masses.

From these forums and countless others, Crimson is not there yet.

Do the pre-Crimson 15.11.1b work now, sure, but soon we will be left behind without the performance and compatibility updates that new drivers typically offer.

Unless you went through the huge PITA that us 390/390x owners did the first few months of ownership of not being able to run ANY DX11 titles at all in Win10 you would also not appreciate the bitterness we acquired during that time.  Now this, brings back very recent very bad memories.