AnsweredAssumed Answered

Driver

Question asked by emeraldfox76 on Jan 14, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 by kingfish

The software tells me every other week or so to update my drivers and such, and I click the link and if I actually see the version it claims is there, I will download and install it. Last night it was the 16.1 hot fix for a driver. Install went as normally as it could've, and my pc restarted just fine later on that evening, as some Windows updates were pending. Today I login to my pc and it's claiming I never installed the 16.1, the software is bugging me in the tray to update. This isn't the first time this has happened to me (otherwise, I wouldn't bother to make a question about it lol). I'm up-to-date and it claims I'm not. Sometimes it takes a few rewrite installs to "stick". I find this very odd, and rather annoying. I've checked everything here on my end, and anything else I download and then install doesn't have this issue. Not that I download and install a lot, but you get the idea. I have more than enough space for the install, and like I said, the install always goes without a hitch. I get the new tab pop-up in my browser to announce it's done well. Is the software just confused, or did the install somehow unwrite itself? There have been times where I simply don't feel like reinstalling it and wait for the next update, but this being a hot fix, I'm assuming it's rather important. Thanks.

On a side note, can we implement an option I can check to just auto-update? I know not everyone's into that, but if it were an option, I'd at least be happy! lol.

My spex:

Windows 7 Home Premium

AMD Radeon HD5770

(not sure how this matters for this question, but better safe than sorry)

Latest version of the AMD Gaming Evolved Catalyst Control Center, which is the software telling me to update. It wants me to update to Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1, which the site tells me is a hot fix when I click the provided link. As of last night, I was updated. lol.

Thanks for any help!

Outcomes