5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2016 7:09 AM by mykeylost

Blackscreen after install driver

znipz

After I install any amd driver version, it said that the screen may blinking. My problem is it go blackscreen forever with no sign of blinking.

Ways I have try to fix:

1. Go to install driver in safe mode result it said that can't find device

2. Reinstall windows result still get blackscreen

3. Disable dedicated vga in device manager result device has stop working code 43

Help me please

My specs

Msi gx60-1ac

Amd a10 4600m

Ram 8 Gb

Vga : amd 7970m (onboard is 7660g0)

Windows both 8 and 10 have problem

• Re: Blackscreen after install driver
          faisalb4

don;t be dis heart but its not only you me and my friend and all the people in these links are facing this situation no matter which driver version or windows you install the black screen comes as soon as the amd display driver is installed AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 cause black screen before login screen Windows 10

technical support suggested to take out the external card and fix issues using registry cleaner and update motherboard chipset drivers  i tried these both tips but the issue of black screen remain the same

faisalb4

Try these steps:

1. Turn off the computer and unplug

2. Remove Graphic card

3. Plug the monitor to your video output

4. Turn on the computer

5. Click on start and type msconfig

6. Select the Boot tab and click on the box that says Safe boot with minimal selected.

7. Apply then click ok.

8. DO NOT RESTART.

9. Shut Down computer and unplug

10. Install Graphic card

11. Turn on the computer (should boot into safe mode)

12. Go into Device Manager

13. Expand Display Adapter

14. Disable the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 driver. (DO NOT UNINSTALL)

15. Click the start button and type msconfig

16. Unclick Safe boot

17. Restart

znipz

I have already tried every solutions now. I think maybe the problem is my vga card.

faisalb4

this trick was provided to me by Official AMD technical support and it didn't work for me as well although i do have intel hd 4600 display adapter but i always turn it off while using my GPU . Now its all upon AMD to fix their new display drivers as many of my friends including me are facing this issue just after installing AMD crimson drivers so the fault is in the drivers not in our cards. Some suggested  to try the  external card on any other PC but i don't have any friend who owns a PC to check my card. You can also try this up until  AMD releases new drivers which could next month of february

mykeylost

i have the same problem,installing display driver and black screen occur