2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 3:04 PM by crwilliams

2x r7 360 installed - Windows 10 Freezes on Load

crwilliams

This is a long shot but I need to verify and XFX has been unresponsive. I just purchased to XFX Radeon R7 360 video cards for the purpose of running crossfire and supporting up to 6 monitors. Most of my hardware is 5 years old when I originally built my machine but when I reviewed the specs of my motherboard, I apparently was thinking for long term sustainability.  Obviously, it does not support PCI-E 3.0. It does though  support 2 dedicated x16 PCI-E 2.0 slots. The motherboard also comes with support for CrossfireX, at least that is what the specifications say in the manual and at Newegg. However, when I have both cards plugged in, my system reaches Windows 10 load screen and then just hangs. Here is a link to Newegg for the motherboard I am using currently, ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

I am trying to find out if this is because the motherboard does not support Crossfire as stated through the PCI-E slots. These cards do not have an optional bridge connector like my old cards did, unfortunately I cannot use my old cards anymore with Windows 10 because the driver is Windows 7 and earlier. I have tried all sorts of ways to get it to install under compatibility but with the last update to Windows 10 it just freezes when trying to install so I had to get something new. It is also doubtful that AMD will be releasing new drivers for the FirePro v8700.