2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 4:25 AM by amdmatt

15.12 and 16.1 disabled HDMI sound

mharleman

I have a problem since updating to 16.1 patch.  As soon as I installed 15.12 Plays.tv stopped working.  I have been in contact with them about the problem, and they say they have a work around.  Then I noticed I could not get my HDMI port to recognize the sound device was plugged in.  Video worked.  I have reverted to 15.11 with all patches up until the day 15.12 was released, but Raptr is still showing 16.1 is installed.  However, my sound is working, and so is Plays.tv.  I know it isn't possible that I have the drivers installed properly, but everything is working.  I'm running an AMD FX(tm)-6200 Six-Core Processor, 3800 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s) with a newly installed AMD XFX R7 Series 250X graphics card.  The HDMI port on the graphics card is fishy anyway because it won't work at all unless the cable is 6 feet or shorter.  Anything longer and it won't work.  XFX says that is normal for their graphics cards.  Regardless my question is, when the next update comes out, if everything is still working, should I upgrade or leave it alone.  I have had to reinstall 15.11 twice now.