3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 11:16 AM by sfischer

detection driver error

nyxkordel

my computer froze then would not restart except in safe mode.  THe graphics seem messed up and windows points to a graphic card error.  I tried to install the drivers again but I get an error that says "DETECTION DRIVER ERROR: contact amd for assistance"  I tried uninstalling the AMD drivers and it gives the same error.  HELP!

• Re: detection driver error
          amdmatt

Can you provide more information about your full system specifications, what OS and AMD driver you were using?

nyxkordel

I am using Windows 7 64 bit.  I have a Radeon HD 7800 series card.  Last night I uninstalled the AMD driver via Windows device manager and restarted.  The graphics were still messed up, but windows started out of safe mode.  Then I installed the latest AMD driver. 15.12.  After a restart again windows would not fully boot.  It would again only start in SAFE mode.  So, I tried to uninstall the driver again via programs and features and it again will not uninstall.  Just says, "Detection driver error contact AMD for assistance."

sfischer

While mine is not freezing up I recently changed from onboard graphics to a Radeon 6700 graphics card to try and get my office manager two screens. I cannot install the driver properly and get the same message. Particulars of machine are:
              Acer Veriton M275 Pentium 2 E6700 @3.2 gHz 3gb ram

Windows 7 64 bit

I have tried reinstalling driver a number of times including trying to manually install the driver only. When I do that, I get a message saying the driver is not working properly with a code 37. This is a real pain in the backside for sure.

I also have altered the bios to use the PCI-E slot for graphics rather than the onboard.

I hope this helps but let me know any other details you require.