AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 10 / AMD 16.1 Driver Significant performance drop

Question asked by nations on Jan 12, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 by kingfish

I recently updated my Windows 10 to 1511 and updated my graphics drivers as well. I updated to 15.11 first and I had some performance issues which prompted me to update to 16.1, I've been attempting to find a solution for almost 3 days now, and I simply haven't been able to.

Specs:

Radeon Software Version - 16.1

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (R9 280X)

Memory Size - 3072 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1072 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10

System Memory - 8 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz

I can't play any typically low requirement games with even average frames, CS:GO I get a maximum of 30 frames (frequent drops to below 10 when shooting), Minecraft I get sub 20 FPS, League of Legends feels stuttery, not sure what the frames were, but they were definitely worse than normal. For comparison, I use to get 80-100 on the same settings on Minecraft and 144+ FPS on CS:GO with higher settings (lowered it to see if it would change anything). Sometimes even full-screen video stutters (sound as well) while being completely buffered.

Things I've tried:

Fresh install of the driver (completely removing/rebooting into safe mode etc./reinstalling driver)

Tried downgrading to 15.11

Made sure my DVI-D cables were tight (mobo/gpu to monitors)

Reinstalled Windows 10

uR6Ox4k.png

Note: My GPU Load value fluctuates from like 0% to 35%, goes back to 0% quite a lot.

Outcomes