AnsweredAssumed Answered

Display driver keeps crashing

Question asked by md61813 on Jan 12, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 by md61813

I see that other people have asked a similar question, but I assumed that it'd be better to not revive old threads and make one specific to my issue.

My display driver keeps crashing, and it usually happens when I have about four tabs running on my internet. This has happened before, but it wasn't until yesterday that it started happening frequently. It usually crashes and recovers once and then it crashes again before quickly showing me a blue screen with lots of text on it. I took a photo of the screen with my phone and upload it if anyone wants.

I have a Dell Inspiron 580 Desktop, with an i5 Intel processor. My display driver is an ATI Radeon HD 5450.

I've tried updating the driver but AMD's website told me it was up to date. I'm also up to date on all of my Windows updates. I'm running Windows 7, and I keep getting the notification to upgrade to Windows 10. Would that solve my problem?

Please ask if there's any other information you need to help me figure out the problem. Computers are definitely not my strong suit, so I apologize now for any stupid answers/questions that I will probably ask. Thank you for your help.

Outcomes