AnsweredAssumed Answered

Having weird FPS jumps in multiple games regardless of graphics setting, ranging from 15-65 fps, but mostly hovering on 20fps on average. GPU is Radeon R9 360 and CPU is FX8800P Radeon R7

Question asked by acriente on Jan 12, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 by kingfish

I noticed while playing Tera that my fps would range very dramatically, going from a good 85 fps to suddenly dropping to 11 fps even when no effects from the game were happening around my character. Framerate would spike up to 65 at times for all of 2 seconds, then drop down to 15 fps and from there continue to jump around. So I tried other games like Arma 3, Tomb Raider, GTA V, H1Z1, World of Warships, and Battlefield 4. No matter the graphics setting on the games, they all experienced the same issue, with Arma 3 (surprisingly) experiencing the least severity in the issue. I did notice that at the times when the fps would be really low, the GPU usage (according the AMD Crimson utility) was very low and when fps was spiking up to high levels, the GPU usage was at or near 100%. I don't know if maybe there is an issue with v-sync on the GPU (cannot check), but the v-sync in the games is turned off. GPU is AMD Radeon R9 360 and the CPU (APU) is AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7.

Outcomes