AnsweredAssumed Answered

VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD ERROR Tried EVERYTHING

Question asked by bsheahan on Jan 12, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 12, 2016 by kingfish

Hey,

So I built my pc in august and have had this problem of getting "video driver has failed and recovered" ever since the start and cannot fix this. Please help

System specs:

CPU: FX8320e

mb: M5a99x Evo r2.0

Gpu: R9 280

mem: 8gb Gskills

Psu: 750 W

I have done mem test to confirm memory, done fresh install of windows, done ddu driver wipe out and fresh install, done everything I can find or think off and still no fixes.

Here are error codes I am getting after every crash.

code 1

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40B)

Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800BA68010, 0xFFFFF8800400CE98, 0x0, 0x2)

Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: DirectX Graphics MMS

Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Google query: Microsoft Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

code 2

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (0xFFFFF8800400CE98)

Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800BA68010, 0xFFFFF8800400CE98, 0x0, 0x2)

Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys

product: AMD driver

company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).

Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Outcomes