AnsweredAssumed Answered

Core clock adjustment doesn't work in Crimson Global Override or Game Override. Is this an issue with anyone or does anyone have a fix?

Question asked by hybird9012 on Jan 12, 2016

I have an AMD Fury Nano and I would like to downclock the core clock to 850Mhz to avoid more heat, fan noise and control potential FPS dips when the GPU automatically downclocks when it gets near the thermal threshold. I changed the core clock to 850Mhz within the Crimson control panel as well as 3rd party software like MSI Afterburner and Sapphire Trixx (when Crimson didn't work) but all programs still caused my core clock to jump up to 1000Mhz when I specifically set it to 850Mhz max instead. I first tried it within the Crimson software with no third party installed, then I tried MSI Afterburner - same thing, then I tried Sapphire Trixx (which is awesome by the way) but again no luck.

I even removed all of the game profiles that were added automatically and added them individually, still no luck.

I'm assuming this is an issue with the driver? Anyone else have this issue or find a work around?

Outcomes