AnsweredAssumed Answered

Older Eyefinity Setup Not Displaying 2560x1080 on LG UHD Monitor

Question asked by da3dalus on Jan 11, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2016 by da3dalus

I have a relatively old Radeon 5850 setup (HIS HD 5850 iCooler V 1GB (256bit) GDDR5 PCIe (DirectX 11/ Eyefinity) < HD 5800 Series < Desktop graphics < Products |… ) that I had setup with a triple monitor setup the past 5 or so years without any issues.  This week one of my 1080p monitors failed so I ended up replacing all 3 monitors with LG UHD resolution monitors (LG 25UM57-P: 25 Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Gaming Monitor (25 Diagonal) | LG USA ).  I don't game and just need it for productivity/web/trading work.

The issue is only the DP > HDMI monitor is even allowing the resolution to be selected at the native resolution (2560x1080) and even that is all scrambled.  The other screens won't scale up.  At first I thought it was because I only had DVI-I cables so I replaced all 3 with DVI-D to HDMI AmazonBasic's cables but no change was made. 

I did a few registry hacks to force custom resolutions which technically works but the monitors freak out and go into 1280x1024 resolution. 

Sooooo on the specs for my current video card it says resolution up to 2560x1600 but is it actually compatible with the UHD resolution (2560x1080)?

Running all the updated drivers from ATI and no difference.

If it's not compatible - can I pickup a R7 370 that is "4k compatible" and run it with these monitors to get them working?

DVI-D > HDMI

DVI-D > HDMI

DP > DVI-D Active Adapter > HDMI

I appreciate any insights, ideas, and assistance you can provide.

Outcomes