AnsweredAssumed Answered

computer locking up

Question asked by lpmagic on Jan 11, 2016
Latest reply on May 11, 2016 by lpmagic

is there any type of diagnostic tool available to see why my computer might be locking up. It only does it in game (MWO) and it just started doing this yesterday.

specs>

I7 4790K

2 x Asus DOCII 290x's

16GB DDR 2133 Avexir core series

MSI Gaming 5 mobo

Dual open water loops (All EK, All nickle plates, all acrylic hard tubing)

Corsair AX 860i PSU

driver : 

Driver Packaging Version

15.30.1025.1001-151204a-296874C

I had real problems originally gettin my crossfire set up to even engage during MWO, but it's not a supported game so I gave it no thought, just understood. After hitting the game forums I found a set of settings that made it work so it was fluid and I finally got notification that the corssfire was working. Now, very randomly, the game locks up, along with the whole computer, does not crash to desktop but just hangs in the middle of game and I have to hard reboot to get any movement, I can't alt tab out, I can't alt f4 out of game, nothing.....I have had to hard reboot 4 times since last night, it seems rather random at this point and I can't figure it out. If anyone knows how to check the veracity of my hardware (without pulling it out of my system lol because, well, tubes and water cooling, would take hours)

Thanks for any help in advance......

Also of note, I now get artifacting on the desktop in the form of horizontal lines in random spots...

Outcomes