0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2016 8:59 AM by tkoh

[Linux Mint] r9 290 not detected by monitor and can't download the drivers

tkoh

I recently built it and it contains a Gigabyte-z97MX Gaming 5 Motherboard and an I7 4790k processor. The graphics card is plugged in with both the 8 and 6 pin connector, and the fans are running. The powersupply is a EVGA g2 750watt gold powersupply so I know I have enough power to support everything. I have been trying to Download the Drivers for a Gigabyte R9 290 to see if it will get my computer to recognize it. I was following the instructions on Linux Mint - cchtml.com and did everything up to

sudo ./amd-driver-installer-15.302-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/trusty

When I got these errors

(synaptic:5117): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_hide: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Resolving build dependencies...

(synaptic:6562): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_hide: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Unable to resolve  debhelper  dh-modaliases xserver-xorg-dev (>= 2.  Please manually install and try again.

Package build failed!

Package build utility output:

./packages/Ubuntu/ati-packager.sh: 296: ./packages/Ubuntu/ati-packager.sh: debclean: not found

I saw that it had something to do with Xorg so I followed the steps in

Generate a new /etc/X11/xorg.conf file

but none of the options worked

Lastly I tried to run this to see what happened and this came up understandably.

sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb

dpkg: error processing archive fglrx*.deb (--install):

cannot access archive: No such file or directory

Errors were encountered while processing:

fglrx*.deb

When I do lspci | grep "VGA" it outputs

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)

So I know I'm just running off the integrated graphics.

Any Help will be appreciated!