AnsweredAssumed Answered

Computer Freezes After Installing Windows 10 (Reason Video Hardwer AMD)

Question asked by monte666 on Jan 9, 2016

Hello, I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, I downloaded it trough Microsoft, did a fresh install installed my usual drivers and stuff and when I was done with everything my computer started freezing from time to time, when it freezes, I cant do a single thing, only the reset button worked. at times my computer crashed in a row, I reset, it boots up, freezes, and it did that like 5 times until I got mad and did a fresh install AGAIN, I started doing the same thing, but this time it gave me a hint something like "video driver has stopped working but has successfully recovered" something along those lines, enough information to tell me what's causing my problem. At the time I was using the latest AMD driver Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix, I thought that's been causing it so I went back to the Crimson Edition 15.12 which was previously installed on my computer before I installed Windows 10 (I had Windows 7)
Downgrading the driver didn't help, the freezing kept on going. I ran out of ideas, so I decided to completely uninstalled the GPU driver using DDU, and installed the latest GPU driver which is Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix. Now it was time to test, jumped into GTA V, had no issues, played like 45 minutes, everything was working fine, until i quit the game and started doing random multitasking. It froze again. So i clicked on "start" and searched for reliability and i found more info about my issue.
Problem hardware error
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 117
Parameter 1: ffffe000d6c714c0
Parameter 2: fffff8006e6fce28
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 418
OS version: 10_0_10586
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

That's GPU driver ( I assume).

next step I did, I opened Command Prompt and typed sfc/scannow to scan for corrupt files and replace them ( in hopes it fixes my issue) The file scan was done, it said it found corrupt files, and successfully repaired them which is good (i hope). Next I opened a small game that I love to play called Town Of Salem and it froze on me again. I had to restart my computer 5 times because after it rebooted it instantly froze.
I REALLY need your help guys, its doing this all day since I installed Windows 10 and it's really frustrating, cant play any game, cant do any work on my computer.
Here's a screen shot of the reliability page http://puu.sh/mpFjk/0f891d69e2.png
I also apologize for a long thread, I like to be detailed, I like to list down everything I have done to try to fix the issue, narrowing it down.
Any help appreciated

My PC specs if they are needed for any reason

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Black Edition 3.5GHz (Turbo boost 4.1GHz)
Motherboard: AM3+ 970 MSI
RAM: 8gb (2x4GB) 1600 MHz
HD: 1TB
SSD: 120GB Samsung EVO (Fairly new, its been replaced 3 months ago due to failure)
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X (2 GB ) running latest driver Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix

Outcomes