9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2016 2:26 PM by cgrant78@netzero.com

Missing GL 4.5 functions in crimson driver

particlepeter

glGetnTexImage

glGetnCompressedTexImage

glGetnUniformdv

are missing, hence the GL implementation is not fully 4.5 (bessides GLSL version 440).

Now to my question AMD team, is this the right place to report driver bugs, or do you have a bug tracker somewhere?

• Re: Missing GL 4.5 functions in crimson driver
          jvsala

The place to report driver bugs is here:

www.amd.com/report

cgrant78@netzero.com

Those functions have nothing to do with OpenGL 4.5 compliance or full implementation. Please consult the specification to see whats new features were added for OpenGL 4.5. The functions not implemented ? How exactly are you accessing/retrieving the function pointers? Are you doing so from a context in which they are available ? There are lots of questions to be answered or ask on your behalf instead of just saying the functions are not implemented.

particlepeter

cgrant78@netzero.com wrote:

Those functions have nothing to do with OpenGL 4.5 compliance or full implementation.

Have you taken a look at the current glcorearb.h or the OpenGL 4.5 Reference Pages yourself? The functions are specified in both places.

How exactly are you accessing/retrieving the function pointers? Are you doing so from a context in which they are available ? There are lots of questions to be answered or ask on your behalf instead of just saying the functions are not implemented.

I did confirm the issue with two function loaders, both on my Kaveri System (details bellow) and NVidia GTX 970.

I code in the dlang and use the function loader DerlictGL3 to load specifically OpenGL 4.5 core. It throws an exception on AMD and does not on NVidia.

I confirmed my findings in C/C++ with a glfw GL 4.5 core context setup using glad which I found on the OpenGL wiki. The related functions are null on AMD and work on NVidia.

System: Kaveri APU 7800 A-10 (with included Radeon R7, GCN 1.1), Driver: Crimson Edition 15.12 (supposed to support GL 4.5 except shader version 450).

There are lots of questions to be answered or ask on your behalf instead of just saying the functions are not implemented.

Yes, I should have given the details above, you're right. But are you sure you've taken the right route yourself in not confirming your claims before ... well claiming?