2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 3:10 PM by christoph

Sapphire Nitro 390 and pixel format problem??

christoph

Hi, I have a problem with my Sapphire nitro 390;

First, the problem is that when I open a game the screen gets distorted, and gets back to normal when I've close the game, the 3Dmark11 looks good, but the screen gets distorted when entering to the Physx text...

I have noticed that in the Crimson software (additional settings) Pixel Format tab I get " YCbCr 4:4:4 pixel format " set by default, and when I change to " RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format PC standard (full RGB) the screen desktop gets distorted like in the game and in the 3Dmark11 physx text

Is this the problem I have??

If so, how do I fix it??

• Re: Sapphire Nitro 390 and pixel format problem??
          christoph

well, it is, and I find the solution, that is not the "right" solution but it works perfectly right now, I'd just hope that AMD do something with the drivers to fix this issue

• Re: Sapphire Nitro 390 and pixel format problem??
              christoph

ok, so I don't if this a bug in the drivers or my monitor is not the right kind...

but when I try to plug my monitor through the HDMI port in the video card, the crimson drivers sets the pixel format to YCbCr 4:4:4 pixel format that is not the right setting, cuz the desktop looks good and video playback too, but when I open a game or try to stress the video using 3Dmark11, the screen gets all pixelated but much worst than that, the colors are not right and you can barely see through the pixels, so the settings should be set to  RGB 4:4:4 Pixel format PC standard for it to work perfectly, but you can't choose this option using the HDMI port, so I've use a DVI to HDMI adapter to use the DVI port in the video card, by doing so you can now choose RGB 4:4:4 Pixel format PC standard and everythings works fine now...

I don't where to fill up a bug report so if someone can redirect this to someone that can fix the problem???